Summary: So, what did happen after Bill walked away from Laura in Eye of Jupiter? How much is too much?
Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Character Death, Self Mutilation
Chapters: 23 Completed: No
Wordcount: 54594 Read Count: 120252
Published: Dec 15, 2006 Updated: May 02, 2008
1. Chapter 1 by katie9918 [Reviews - 40] (1809 words)
This is no doubt going to be glossed over by the writers in favor of more Lee/Dee/Anders/Starbuck angst, but I couldn't help but ask myself how much is too much to bear?
2. Chapter 2 by katie9918 [Reviews - 8] (1717 words)
Time for a flashback!
3. Chapter 3 by katie9918 [Reviews - 4] (2552 words)
Helo's a tool and Cally's extremely cute. Um, yeah. That's it.
4. Chapter 4 by katie9918 [Reviews - 4] (2389 words)
Erm... more Cottle, anyone?
5. Chapter 5 by katie9918 [Reviews - 5] (2066 words)
Special thanks to Sid, who tried to convince that Chapter 4 wasn't as bad as I thought it was and who helped me out a bit with this one. And thanks to everyone who's been reviewing!
6. Chapter 6 by katie9918 [Reviews - 6] (1784 words)
Well, the secret's revealed. At least to you readers, anyway.
7. Chapter 7 by katie9918 [Reviews - 9] (2112 words)
Kristen, please don't be too mad at me for this one!
Thanks for all the great reviews! I'll be replying to them once I get a spare moment!
And, uh, Helo's still a tool and now it's Gaeta's turn to be cute!
8. Chapter 8 by katie9918 [Reviews - 8] (1774 words)
And things get worse.
9. Chapter 9 by katie9918 [Reviews - 10] (1066 words)
Um, sorry for the long wait. It's mostly my fault, but I blame Kristen and Gollum as well. If you really want to know about Gollum, I will question your sanity and then point you to Kristen.
Be warned, this one's kind of boring, but it does advance the story.
10. Chapter 10 by katie9918 [Reviews - 11] (1468 words)
Well, the first three paragraphs refused to write themselves, so I decided to follow Kristen's advice and peppered some exposition into it. I only hope I didn't frak it up too badly.
11. Chapter 11 by katie9918 [Reviews - 8] (1074 words)
Sorry it took so long to get this part put out. I've been experiencing some technical difficulties. I hope it hasn't been forgotten. *ducks head*
12. Chapter 12 by katie9918 [Reviews - 8] (2511 words)
Sorry it took so long to get this one out. It just didn't seem to flow right and I'm still not sure if it does.
13. Chapter 13 by katie9918 [Reviews - 10] (2991 words)
Many huggles to Kristen, without whom I'd still be weeping in frustration over the second part of this chapter. Seriously, she practically rewrote it for me, which is above and beyond, considering this not-so-little plot bunny has been cutting substantially into our own monster epic. I love you, girl!
And another thanks to those of you who haven't given up in frustration because I take so long getting new chapters out.
14. Chapter 14 by katie9918 [Reviews - 10] (3320 words)
Uh, someone asked for a little loving? I'm hoping this tides you guys over.
Again, many huggles and thanks to Kristen, who really helped me out with this chapter (and all the other ones).
15. Chapter 15 by katie9918 [Reviews - 6] (2594 words)
Finally! I'm back! And so's this story! Thank you so much to my sweet, supportive beta Kristen, who's been listening to me *headdesk* over this chapter for over a week and who made it about ten times better with her suggestions and notes.
Also, I have to apologize for the long overdue chapter. I promise, there's more to come, hopefully more quickly this time around.
16. Chapter 16 by katie9918 [Reviews - 7] (3090 words)
I'm really, really nervous about posting this chapter. Many thanks to Kristen once again, who insisted I post it just the way it is.
17. Chapter 17 by katie9918 [Reviews - 6] (4252 words)
Thank you, Kristen, for the quick beta.
This is a tad longer than some of the other chapters.
And OMG, but yay! Father/son bonding time!
18. Chapter 18 by katie9918 [Reviews - 13] (2234 words)
Kristen is not only God (or maybe it's the spawn of Satan?), but she's an awesome beta and I thank her not only for being all kinds of awesome, but also for taking that Maelstrom plot bunny off my hands so I could concentrate on this chapter. If for whatever unfathomable reason you guys haven't read "Have You Seen My Other Earring?" Go and read it right now.
It's almost but not quite time for some shit to hit the fan.
19. Chapter 19 by katie9918 [Reviews - 14] (3753 words)
I am so incredibly embarrassed that this chapter took so long. I really have to thank both Kristen and Lynn, who kept assuring me (especially throughout the past week) that I am not a horrible, terrible person for keeping everyone waiting so long, and Kristen gets double thanks for the quick beta.
20. Chapter 20 by katie9918 [Reviews - 17] (2229 words)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LYNN!
Thank you to everyone who's reviewed and stuck with this story. I really appreciate not only you guys, but all the readers as well.
21. Chapter 21 by katie9918 [Reviews - 24] (3510 words)
I really have to apologize for the delay. We never mean to keep our readers waiting, but the muse, she is a fickle and cruel mistress. This is why I don't do this for a living. I'd be broke and homeless within six months.
Without Kristen, I doubt this chapter would have been written. Hugs and kisses.
22. Chapter 22 by katie9918 [Reviews - 15] (1510 words)
My hiatus did not last as long as Ron and Dave's did!
Not that it's anything to be proud of.
Anyway, if anyone's still reading (and I wouldn't blame you if you weren't), here's the next chapter.
23. Chapter 23 by katie9918 [Reviews - 28] (2789 words)
Here's a nice long one and I'm sure most of you have been waiting for this. I hope it lives up to everyone's expectations.